Command and Staff College Museum

The Command and Staff College, Quetta, is the oldest and the most prestigious institution of the Pakistan Army.
The Command and Staff College, Quetta, is the oldest and the most prestigious institution of the Pakistan Army. It was establised temporarily in 1905 at Deolali near Bombay in India by Lord Kitchener, Commander-in-Chief of the British Indian Army. On 1 April the same year, Brigadier General A.W.S. Bayly assumed his appointment as the Commandant, and the first batch of 24 officers commenced their studies. In 1907, the College was moved from Deolali to its permanent location at Quetta. In the disastrous earthquake of 31 May 1935, which claimed 40,000 lives, the College fortunately escaped major damage. It was, however, decided to rebuild the Staff College in earthquake proof construction. The present Officers Mess building and the instructional staff quarters were built in 1936, but work on the main building could not begin due to various compulsions.
Located at: Balochistan, Quetta, Pakistan
Command and Staff College Museum Detail Picture 1
Command and Staff College Museum Detail Picture 2