Cunningham Clock Tower from Peshawar

The tower was named after Sir George Cunningham, former British governor and political agent in the province.Designed by James Strachan, the Municipal Engineer of Peshawar, the foundation stone was laid by the George Cunningham Governor of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa(At that time name was North West Frontier Province),in 1898. It was formally opened to the public in 1900 on commemoration of Diamond jubilee of Queen Victoria of United Kingdom.

Located at: Clock Tower, Peshawar, Pakistan
Cunningham Clock Tower Detail Picture 1