Visit Qasim fort (Sindh) from Karachi

The Qasim Fort is a small fort constructed in the 18th century by the Talpur dynasty when the port of Karachi traded with Oman and Bahrain. The fort was stormed by the British in 1839 because of the strategic location of Karachi. Although the fort is now buried beneath the naval base, the lighthouse is a visible reminder of the British presence having been built in 1889 to assist vessels approaching Karachi harbour.

Located at: Qasim fort (Sindh), Karachi, Pakistan
Fort Qasim Detail Picture 1